We will have our next Vocation Afternoon on Saturday February 22nd here at the Poor Clare Monastery, College Road, Cork, from 2 to 4 pm.
If you are interested in finding out more about our Poor Clare contemplative life, you are most welcome to come along.
We are part of the Franciscan spiritual family, with the wonderful privilege of daily Eucharistic Adoration.
It will be an informal afternoon.
Homily notes of Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Charles J Brown for Mass celebrating the Eucharistic Procession in Cork
O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, All praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine.
It is indeed a great pleasure for me to be here in Cork this afternoon to take part in this historic Corpus Christi procession. In a special way, I want to thank Bishop John Buckley for having invited me to be with you today. And what a joy it is to carry the Blessed Sacrament through the streets of this beautiful city. Throughout the Catholic world today on this Solemnity of Corpus Christi, there are processions of the Blessed Sacrament. These processions, some of which date back hundreds of years, are an expression of our Catholic faith in Christ’s Real Presence in the Eucharist.
Sr Francis recently spoke to Tom Dunne on his Newstalk radio show.
Listen to the full interview here.
- St Clare's Feast Day 2023
- 150th anniversary of Fr. Willie Doyle's birth 1873 - 3rd March - 2023
- Centenary Year of Blessed Columba Marmion OSB 1923 - 30th Jan. - 2023
- Sister Faustina's Story
- Prayer for the People of Ukraine
- Exam Prayers
- Come and See
- The Franciscan Life - Poor Clare Monastery College Road Cork
- New Video
- Vocations Afternoon - 22 Feb 2020
- Archbishop Charles Brown preaches at the Eucharistic Procession
- Sr Francis talks to Newstalk's Tom Dunne
Poor Clare Chapel
Monday to Friday
Mass at 7:30am
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays
Mass at 10:00am
Occasionally, if the priest is not available at 7:30am weekdays, Mass will be held at 10:00am